General requirements. The Ukrainian Chemical Journal accepts review and original scientific articles as well as short reports corresponding to the topics of the publication: synthesis, research on the structure and properties of inorganic, organic and macromolecular compounds, actual problems of physical chemistry, in particular kinetics and catalysis, thermodynamics, electrochemistry, photoelectrochemistry, sensory and power generating systems.
The editorial board decide if the article corresponds to the profile of the journal.
Articles are submitted electronically and in the form of two hard copies in Russian, Ukrainian or English, numbered from the first to the last page.
The limit for an article - 25 pages, short message - 6 pages (including drawings and tables). The volume of ordered and review articles is not limited.
The text should be typed in the MS WORD editor, font size 14 pt, with 1.5-2 intervals, on one side of the sheet of A4 format paper. The page margins: on the left, upper and lower - not less than 20 mm, on the right - 10 mm.
The manuscript is drawn as follows. On the first page in the upper left corner there is the UDC code, followed by initials and surnames of authors, title of article, name of organization (organizations), where the work was performed, and postal address (addresses), e-mail address of one of the authors, then - abstract (no more than 10 lines) in the language of the article with keywords (up to 10), the text of the article starts from the second page. Before the abstract in Ukrainian (Russian, English), the name of the article, the names of authors with initials, postal address (addresses) of the organization, author's e-mail address should be indicated. The English language summary should be 1800 characters, including keywords. At the end of the manuscript should be the date of sending it to the editorial office, signatures of the authors, and the address for correspondence. On the fields of the manuscript author should indicate the place for drawings and tables. Duplication of material in text, tables and drawings is not allowed.
When selecting units of measurement, the authors should support the international system of units SI.
Printed texts are structured: the problem (introduction), the formulation of the objectives of the article (aim), the statement of the main material (experiment and discussion), conclusions.
Formulas. All formulas (simple and complex, structural) are transmitted in letters of the Latin alphabet and typed in a regular font. Only the formulas with further references must be numbered.
All numbered formulas are placed in a separate line, and the number is put in round brackets. The punctuation marks are put according to the content, directly after the formula.
Tables If there are more than one table, it should be numbered and included directly after the pages with the first reference to them. The headings of the columns must be written in full, without abbreviations, indicating the units of measurement. Only the variables should be placed in the tables, the constant conditions of the experiments are given in the text or in the table header in brackets. Footnotes to the table are printed directly below it.
Illustrations. The drawings should be presented in two identical copies. The inscriptions on them should be short and replaced as much as possible with numbers or letters, which are decrypted in the signatures to figures; curves are numbered in Arabic numerals. The same type curves are drawn on the same scale in one figure. It is recommended to apply multiple scales to combine different curves into one drawing. Images of structural and other formulas are undesirable. Photos should be black and white, well-defined, and contrastive. All illustrations are numbered in sequence, corresponding to the mention of them in the manuscript. The page with figures should include the author's surname, title of the article. Drawings and photos are added as separate files in the tif, pcx, ipg, bmp format.
Bibliographic References. The list of references in the order of mentioning them in the text, indicated by the numbers in square brackets, is presented at the end of the article on a separate page. Links to foreign sources are given in the original language. Unpublished references are not allowed.
The list of references is as follows. In the article in English, when quoting English-language publications translated into Ukrainian or Russian, a reference to the original edition is given, at the end of quotation of sources in Ukrainian or Russian it is indicated (in Russian/in Ukrainian). However, if such sources have a translation into English, the source data of the English edition is indicated.
If the article is submitted in Ukrainian or Russian, then two lists of literature are given. The first (in Ukrainian or Russian) and the second (in English) lists of literature are duplicate each other and are structured in accordance with the following examples.
- Tretyakov D., Goodilin E.A. Key trends in basik and application-oriented reserch on nanomaterials. Russ.
Chem. R ev. 2009. 78 (9): 801.
- Achermann Exciton-Plasmon Interactions in Metal-Semiconductor Nanostructures. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2010. 1: 2837.
- Ivanov V., Sleta L.A. Quantum chemistry. (Kha- rkov: F olio, 2007). [in R ussian].
- Ebeling S tructurbilding bei irreversiblen Pro- ssessen. (Leipzig: Teubner-Verlag, 1976).
- Ivanov M.I. Ph.D (Chem.) (Kyiv, 1984). [in R ussian].
- Perminova V. Doctoral (Chem.) Thesis. (Moscow, 2000). [in R ussian].
- Patent UA Mirnaya T.A., Yaremchuk G.G., Asaula V.N., Leonova N.A., Volkov S.V. Process for the pre- paration of silver nanoparticles in liquid-crytalline cap- rylate matrix. 2014.
- Ioni V., Tkachev S.V. Use of a composite na- noparticles Rh on surface modified graphene oxide as catalyst in the hydroformilation reaction. In: Lomono- sov-2013: Proc. Int. Conf. (Moscow, 2013). P. 34. [in
- Interstate Stadard (GOST 134-98). State sys- tem for ensuring the uniformity of measurments. pH Scale for aqueous solutions. http://docs.cntd.ru/do- cument/gost-8-134-98-gsi
In addition to the listed, the editorial board requests that the following requirements be taken into account:
- review articles are only ordered by the editorial board;
- unreasonable division of material from one issue to several articles is not allowed;
- the manuscript must include the data on the authors (employer, address and envelope with postage stamp, telephone, last name, first name and patronymic) and an accompanying letter, which should indicate that the article was not submitted to other journals;
- after follow-up revision of the article by authors, the first version of the manuscript is returned to the editors office together with the revised text (2 copies). When the author delays the article for more than a month, the original filing date is changed;
- if the manuscript is rejected, the editorial staff reserves the right not to return one copy to the author.
Failure by authors to prepare manuscripts according to the rules of our journal is the reason for the rejection of submitted articles.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.