The influence of mechanochemical (MChT) and ultrasonic (UST) treatment on physic-chemical properties of СеО2-МоО3=1:1 composition was studied. The prepared samples were characterized by methods of XRD, ESR, N2 adsorption, SEM and TEM methods. The catalytic properties of obtained samples were studied in selective ethanol oxidation reaction. It was established the increase of specific surface area, decrease crystallites size and nanostructures formation of type “core-shell” due to MCh and US treatment. The change of physico-chemical properties of the compositions as a result of their mechano- and sonochemical treatment leads to increase their catalytic properties. The samples obtained after MCh and US treatments demonstrate very promising results in oxidative dehydrogenation of ethanol to acetaldehyde and the treated compositions permit to obtain the acetaldehyde selectivity equal 97 % at reaction temperature about 200ºC. It was shown that mechno- and sonochemical treatments of oxide mixture allow to obtain a high acetic aldehyde yield (97%) at 215°C and productivity on this product 1.8 mol/kg·h.
2. Timofeev V.S, Serafimov L.A. Principles of Technology of Basic Organic and Petrochemical Synthesis. (Мoscow: Vyschaya shkola, 2003). [in Russian].
3. Trovarelli A., Fornasiero P. Catalysis by Ceria and Related Materials. Catalytic Science Series. Vol. 2. (Imperial College Press: Copyright, 2013).
4. Stoyanova A., Iordanova R., Mancheva M., Dimitriev Y. Synthesis and structural characterization of MoO3 phases obtained from molybdic acid by addition of HNO3 and H2O2. Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials. 2009. 11, No. 8: 1127.
5. Yoshitake H., Aoki Y., Hemmi S. Mesoporous Titania Supported-Molybdenum Catalyst: The Formation of a New Mesophase and Use in Ethanol-Oxygen Catalytic Reactions. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials. 2006. 93, No. 1-3: 294.
6. Li M., Wu Z., Overbury S.H. Surface Structure Dependence of Selective Oxidation of Ethanol on Faceted CeO2 Nanocrystals. Journal of Catalysis. 2013. 306: 164.
7. Gonçalves F.M., Medeiros P. R.S., Appel L. G. The Role of Cerium in the Oxidation of Ethanol over SnO2-supported Molybdenum Oxides. Applied Catalysis A: General. 2001. 208, No. 1-2: 265.
8. Zazhigalov V.A., Wieczorek-Ciurowa K. Mechanochemiczna aktywacja katalizatorow wanadowych. (Krakow: Wyd. Polytechn. Krakowska, 2014).
9. Zazhigalov V.A., Sachuk E.V., Kopachevskaya N.S., Bacherikova I.V., Wieczorek-Ciurowa К., Shcherbakov С.N. Mechanochemical Synthesis of Nanodispersed Compounds in ZnO-MoO3 System. Teor. Exp. Chem. 2016. 52, No. 2: 97.
10. Dulian P., Bąk W., Wieczorek-Ciurowa K., Kajtoch C. Controlled mechanochemical synthesis and properties of a selected perovskite-type electroceramics. Materials Science-Poland. 2013. 31, No. 3: 462.
11. Sachuk O., Kopachevska N., Kuznetsova L., Zazhigalov V., Starchevskyy V. Influence of Ultrasonic Treatment at Properties of ZnO-MoO3 Oxide System. Chemistry and Chemical Technology. 2017. 11, No. 2: 152.
12. Zazhigalov V.A., Sachuk Е.V., Kopachevska N.S., Starchevskyy V.L., Sawlowicz Z. Effect of Ultrasonic Treatment on Formation of Nanodimensional Structures in ZnO-MoO3 System. Teor. Exp. Chem. 2017. 53, No. 1: 53.
13. Poluboyarov V.A., Kiselevich S.I., Kirichenko J.A., Pauli I.A., Korotaeva Z.A., Dektyarov S.P., Ancharov A.I. Mechanical treatment and physic-chemical properties of MoO3. Inorganic Materials. 1998. 34, No. 11: 1365. [in Russian].
14. Boboryko N.Е.,Bobrikov I.А., Michko D. I., Karkockii G. Synthesis and Structure Gas Sensitive Composite Materials TiO2–MoO3. Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. 2014. 58, №1: 75. [in Russian].