The synthesis of previously unknown unsaturated aromatic oxyethers was carried out by reaction of chloromethylpropargyl(allyl) ether with phenacyl bromide, with the participation of the chiral catalyst - (+)-benzotetramisole, and their configurations were also established. It was shown the anisotropic effect of the phenyl group in the acid chloride of α-methoxytrifluoromethylphenylacetic acid (MTPA-Cl) on the halogenaryl group. Such effect leads to screening of the latter, and this, in turn, leads to a shift to a strong field and positive values of ∆δR/S, while proton signals of the less bulky group are shifted to a weaker field with a negative value of ∆δR/S. The interaction of chloromethylpropargyl (allyl) ether with phenacylbromide with the participation of the chiral catalyst - (+) - benzotetramisole leads to aromatic allyl and propargyl alcohol monoethers. By the chiral derivative agent (CDA) chloride anhydride- α-trifluoro-methyl-phenyl-acetic acid (MTPA-Cl) the absolute configuration of compounds was determined. Due to comparing the ΔδR/S data in the NMR 1H spectra during such interaction it was found that they converted to diastereomers.
2. Cimmino A., Masi M., Evidente M., Superchi S., Evidente A. Application of Mosher’s method for absolute configuration assignment to bioactive plants and fungi metabolites. Journal of pharmaceutical and biomedical analysis. 2017. 144: 59-89. doi: 10.1016/j.jpba.2017.02.037.
3. Talybov G. New synthesis of 1, 2-diol monopropargyl ethers. Russian Journal of Organic Chemistry. 2017. 53(1):123. doi: 10.1134/S1070428017010225
4. García R., Seco J. M., Vázquez S. A., Quinoá E., Riguera R. Absolute configuration of secondary alcohols by 1H NMR: in situ complexation of α-methoxyphenyl-acetic acid esters with barium (II). The Journal of organic chemistry. 2002. 67(13):4579-4589. doi: 10.1021/jo0256989
5. Thomas J. Wenzel. Strategies for using NMR spectroscopy to determine absolute configuration. Tetrahedron: Asymmetry. 2017.28(10):1212. doi: 10.1016/j.tetasy.2017.09.009/
6. Jose Manuel Seco, Li-Hong Tseng, Markus Godejohann, Emilio Quinoa and Ricardo Riguera. Simultaneous enantioresolution and assignment of absolute configuration of secondary alcohols by directly coupled HPLC–NMR of 9-AMA esters. Tetrahedron: Asymmetry. 2002. 13(19): 2149.
7. Latypov Sh. K., Seco J. M ., Quinoa E., Riguera R. Are Both the (R)- and the (S)-MPA Esters Really Needed for the Assignment of the Absolute Configuration of Secondary Alcohols by NMR? The Use of a Single Derivative. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1998. 120(5): 877.
8. Latypov S. K., Seco J. M., Quinoa E., Riguera R. Determination of the absolute stereochemistry of chiral amines by 1H NMR of arylmethoxyacetic acid amides: the conformational model. The Journal of Organic Chemistry. 1995. 60(6):1538-1545. doi: org10.1021/jo0011a010.
9. Haruko Takahashi, Naoko Kato, Makoto Iwashima, Kazuo Iguchi. Determination of Absolute Configurations of Tertiary Alcohols by NMR Spectroscopy. Chem. Let. 1999.28(11):1181. doi: 10.1246/cl.1999.1181.