In particular, as an important class of organic heterocyclic dyes, aurones exhibit unique photochemical and photophysical properties, which render them useful in a variety of applications, such as fluorescent labels and probes in biology and medicine. Despite of the wide range of applications, the photochemical properties of the aurone class remain less well known. The backbone of aurone molecule has excellent planarity and from the viewpoint of molecular engineering, molecular planarity plays an important role in tuning nonlinear optical properties of materials. Therefore, this work is aimed to the synthesis of new derivatives based on 6-hydroxyaurone and study their photochemical properties. Novel monomers based on (2Z)-2-benzylidene)-6-hydroxy-1-benzofuran-3 (2H)-one with different withdrawing substituents in the benzylidene moiety were synthesized by acylation of the hydroxy group by methacryloil chloride. The polymerization was carried out in 10% solutions of the monomers in dimethylformamide, 2,2ˊ-azobisisobutyronitrile was used as the initiator The structure of the synthesized compounds was proved by 1H NMR spectroscopy. The study of the photochemical properties of synthesized polymers was performed by UV VIS spectroscopy. New polymers with auron moiety have been shown ability to photoinduced Z-E-isomerization. The rate constants of Z-E-photoisomerization were determined by slope angle tangent of dependence ln(D/D0) on the irradiation time. The half-reaction periods for E-isomers of auronecontaining polymers were calculated.
2. Marder S.R. et al. Design and synthesis of chromophores and polymers for electrooptic and photorefractive applications. Nature. 1997, 388: 845.
3. Kajzar F., Lee K.S., Jen A.K.-Y. Polymeric materials and their orientation techniques for second-order nonlinear optics. Adv. Polym. Sci. 2003. 161: 1.
4. Zhang C.-Z., Wang C.-Yu, Im C. Signiﬁcant effect of bromo substituents on nonlinear optical properties of polymer and chromophores. Phys. Chem. B. 2010. 114: 42.
5. Cao D.-X. et al. Synthesis, structure and photophysical properties of three new hemicyanine dyes. Dyes and Pigments. 2008. 76 (1): 118.
6. Maa Lin et al. Synthesis, crystal structure and two-photon excited fluorescence prop-erties of three aurone derivatives. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. 2013. 103: 120.
7. Maya Y., Ono M. et al. Novel radioiodinated aurones as probes for SPECT imaging of β-amyloid plaques in the brain. Bioconjugate Chemistry. 2009. 20 (1): 95.
8. Ono M. et al. Aurones serve as probes of beta-amyloid plaques in Alzheimer's disease. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2007. 361: 116.
9. Xue Y. et al. Electronic structure and spectral properties of aurones as visible range fluorescent probes: a DFT/TDDFT study. RSC Adv. 2016. 6: 7002
10. Shanker N. et al. Aurones: small molecule visible range fluorescent probes suitable for biomacromolecules. J. Fluoresc. 2011. 21 (6): 2173.
11. Kharchenko O. et al. Synthesis of new methacrylates of 6-hydroxyaurones. Visnyk Kyyivsʹkoho natsionalʹnoho universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka. 2016. 52 (1): 78. [in Ukrainian]
12. Smokal V. et al. Photochemical activities of polymers with aurone fragment. Mol. Cryst.Lyq.Cryst. 2018. 672 (1): 11.
13. Iukhymenko N., Martynes-Harsiia A. et al. Synthesis and study of methacrylic mono-mers and polymers on the basis of aurones. Springer Proceedings in Physics. 2019. 222: 457.
14. Shradha V.J., Khan A.A. Synthesis and biological activities of aurones: A Review. Int. J. Pure App. Biosci. 2016. 4 (2): 137.
15. Hastings J.S., Heller H.G. The stereochemistry of aurones [2-substituted benzylidenebenzofuran-3(2H)-ones]. J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 1972. 1: 2128.