Solid solutions of barium titanate-stannate, Ba(Ti,Sn)O3 have been investigated. The sequence of phase transformations during the synthesis by solid state reactions technique has been determined, crystallographic and microscopic examinations of polycrystalline ceramics based on Ba(Ti,Sn)O3 solid solutions have been carried out. The laws governing the change in crystallographic parameters and the average grain size as a function of tin content have been shown. Electrophysical investigations of the obtained ceramics have been carried out. It has been found that the dielectric pa-rameters (e and tgd) of Ba(Ti,Sn)O3-based ceramics can be improved and their sintering temperature can be reduced by the addition of 0.5 wt.% manganese oxide(IV) and 2 wt. % of low-melting glass-forming admixture AST (Al2O3–SiO2–TiO2). It has been shown that the obtained materials have promise in creating ceramic capacitors based on them.
2. Bilous A., V'yunov O., Kovalenko L. (Ba,Y)(Ti,Zr,Sn)O3-based PTCR materials. Ferroelectrics. 2001. 254(1): 91.
3. Saravanan R. Titanate Based Ceramic Dielectric Materials. (Millersville, PA: Materials Research Forum LLC, 2018).
4. Miki T., Fujimoto A., Jida S. An evidence of trap activation for positive temperature coefficient of resistivity in BaTiO3 ceramics with substitutional Nb and Mn as impurities. Journal of applied physics.1998. 83(3):1592.
5. V’yunov O.I., Kovalenko L.L., Belous A.G. The effect of isovalent substitutions and dopants of 3d-metals on the properties of ferroelectrics-semiconductors. Condensed Matter Physics. 2003.6(2): 213.
6. Vivekanandan R., KuttyT.R.N. Grain boundary layer ceramic capacitors based on donor-doped Ba (Ti1−xSnx)O3. Materials Science and Engineering: B.1990. 6(4):221.
7. Holand W., Beall G.H. Glass ceramic technology. (New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons,2012).
8. Belous A.G.,Yanchevskii O.Z.,V'yunov O.I. The effect of Al2O3–TiO2–SiO2 additives on properties of semiconductive BaTiO3. Ukrainian Chemistry Journal.1995. 61(1):13.
9. Kresse R., Baudis U., Jäger P., Riechers H. H., Wagner H., Winkler J.,Wolf H. U. Barium and barium compounds. Ullmann's encyclopedia of industrial chemistry.2000. P.621.
10. L’vov B.V., Ugolkov V.L. Kinetics of free-surface decomposition of magnesium, strontium and barium carbonates analyzed thermogravimetrically by the third-law method. Thermochimica acta.2004. 409(1):13.
11. Maitra S., Chakrabarty N.,Pramanik J. Decomposition kinetics of alkaline earth carbonates by integral approximation method. Cerâmica. 2008. 54(331):268.
12. Berbenni V., Marini A., Bruni G. Effect of mechanical milling on solid state formation of BaTiO3 from BaCO3–TiO2 (rutile) mixtures. Thermochimica acta.2001. 374(2):151.
13. Manzoor U., Kim D.K. Synthesis of nano-sized barium titanate powder by solid-state reaction between barium carbonate and titania. Journal of Materials Science and Technology. 2007. 23(5):655.
14. Ashiri R., Nemati A., Ghamsari M. S., Sanjabi S., Aalipour M. A modified method for barium titanate nanoparticles synthesis. Materials Research Bulletin. 2011. 46(12):2291.
15. Lee W.H., Tseng T.Y., Hennings D.F.K. Effects of calcination temperature and A/B ratio on the dielectric properties of (Ba,Ca)(Ti,Zr,Mn)O3 for multilayer ceramic capacitors with nickel electrodes. Journal of the American Ceramic Society.2000. 83(6):1402.
16. Makovec D., Drofenik M. Microstructural changes during the reduction/reoxidation process in donor‐doped BaTiO3 ceramics. Journal of the American Ceramic Society. 2000. 83(10):2593.
17. Kolobov Y. R., Valiev R. Z., Graboveiskaya G. P., Zhilyaev A. P., Dudarev E. F., Ivanov K.V., Ivanov M.B., Kashin O.A., Naidenkin E.V. Grain boundary diffusion and properties of nanostructured materials. (Cambridge: Cambridge Int Science Publishing, 2007).
18. Wang J., Jiang S., Jiang D., Wang T.,Yao H. Effects of Sn on the microstructure and dielectric properties in BaTiO3-based ceramics. Ceramics International. 2013. 39(4): 3657.